College Information

College Placement Exams

If your child has an IEP or 504 plan, he/she may be eligible for accommodations on the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, or the ACT. For information on how to apply, please contact your child's guidance counselor. Contact information can be found on the High School Guidance page.

SAT/AP Exams

For information about accommodations for the SAT and/or AP exams, go to this page.

If you have already been approved for accommodations on the SAT or AP exams you can visit this page to register for an exam. Please note that you will need your child's Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) number when you register.

ACT Exams

For information about accommodations for the ACT, visit this page.

Financial Aid

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Complete the free application online to apply for student loans at the FAFSA Website.

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

Effective for the 2007-2008 academic year and thereafter, TAP is available for students attending SUNY, CUNY and not-for-profit independent degree-granting colleges on a part-time basis. To be eligible for Part-time TAP you must have been a first-time freshman in the 2006-2007 academic year or thereafter, have earned 12 credits or more in each of two consecutive semesters, and maintain a “C” average. Apply for TAP here.

Excelsior Scholarship Program

The Excelsior Scholarship Program helps students who meet certain criteria to afford an education in the state of New York. Click below for further information.

Information for Students with Disabilities

Disability Services at Suffolk County Community College

Suffolk County Community College

Placement Exam

Students may be required to take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) during the enrollment process. Once you have been notified of your acceptance to Suffolk, you may receive an appointment for testing along with specific information about the tests as well as websites to utilize for review/study. The CPT is administered in a computer lab and lasts approximately 2 hours. This page provides additional information about the placement exam and practice items.

Contact Information for SCCC Disability Services

Ammermann Office

Ammermann Building 302
533 College Road
Selden, NY 11784-2899
Phone: 631-451-4045
Fax: 631- 451-4473

Eastern Office

Peconic Building 205
121 Speonk-Riverhead Road
Riverhead, NY 11901-3499
Phone: 631-548-2527
Fax: 631-548-3613

Grant Office

Caumsett Hall Lower Level 20
Crooked Hill Road
Brentwood, NY 11717-1092
Phone: 631-851-6355
Fax: 631-851-6330

When applying to colleges it is important to meet with the Office for Student with Disabilities to learn about how to apply for and access reasonable accommodations at the college level. All colleges offer accommodations for students with disabilities who qualify. 

Some schools in the area also offer specific additional programs. Contact the schools directly for more information.

Adelphi University - The Bridges Program
Long Island University (LIU) - Academic Resource Program (ARP)
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) - Vocational Independence Program (VIP)
Hofstra University - The Program for Academic Learning Skills (PALS)
Molloy College - Disability Support Services - Success Through Expanded Education Program (DSS/STEEP)

View Comsewogue School District's Accessibility Statement.