Central Registration

Tara Grippe

Tara Grippe
Phone 631-474-8225 | Fax 631-474-3639

Central Registration Office Hours

September - June: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday - Friday
July & August: 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM, Monday - Thursday

Dear Parent/Guardian,

In order to aide you in having a smooth transition of registering your child into the Comsewogue School District, we have listed the requirements for registration below.  The forms below must also be completed as part of the registration process. A complete registration packet can be found at the bottom of this page.

  1. New Entrant Form

  2. HLQ (Home Language Questionnaire)

  3. Student Identification Form

  4. Physical Examination Form or proof of appointment for same

  5. Dental Certificate Form

  6. Emergency Contact Card (not available on website)

Proof of Residence

  • Homeowner: Town of Brookhaven tax bill, or deed or current mortgage statement.

  • Renter: Notarized (may be sworn to or unsworn to) statement of Landlord or Owner or Resident from whom the parent or guardian leases or shares property and copy of lease (if applicable). (Statement form available below).  Statement by third parties relating to parent/guardian's physical presence in the Comsewogue School District. (Statement form available below)

  • Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the Comsewogue School District which may include, but not limited to: Pay Stub, Income tax return, utility or other bills, membership documents based on residency, voter registration documents, official driver's license, learner's permit or non-drive identification, state or other governmental issued identification, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g. local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement).

Choose two of the above proofs of residence.

Proof of Age

  • Certified birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth.

  • Passport (including a foreign passport) may be used where the birth certificate or record of baptism is not available.

  • If none of these documents are available, other documentary evidence in existence for two (2) years or more can be used to determine a child's age. Examples include, but are not limited to: Hospital or health records official driver's license, state or other governmental issued identification, school photo identification with date of birth, consulate identification card, military depended identification card, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement), court orders or other court-issued documents, Native American tribal document, records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.


  • Anyone registering a student who is not the parent of the child must provide an Affidavit which indicates that they are the guardian or person whom has custody and control of the child OR other proof such as a judicial custody order or an order of guardianship. The Affidavit must describe how total and permanent custody and control was obtained, whether through guardianship or otherwise. The District has Parent/Guardian Affidavits which can be utilized. Although the District typically requires both, the Parent and Guardian Affidavits to be submitted, the District understands that there may be some circumstances in which only one of the Affidavits is available. In such circumstances, the District will accept one Affidavit. Affidavit forms are available in the Central Registration Office.


  • Physical examination form, or proof of appointment for same.

  • Child's immunization record stamped by physician

    • (Note: Suffolk County Health Department 853-8496 provides immunizations for uninsured children.)

    • Required under NYS Department of Health Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance.

    • All immunization dates are mandatory and must have a doctor's signature/stamp. Under the Public Health Law, parent/guardians have 14 days to submit an appropriate immunization certificate or other acceptable evidence of immunization. A school principal may extend this to a 30 day period on a case-by-case basis when a student has transferred from another state or country and can show a good faith effort to get the necessary certificate or other evidence of immunization.

Transferring from Another School

  • Child’s last Report Card or Transcript from prior school (Not required at registration)

Special Education Information

New York State Education Law requires that every parent be notified of their rights regarding referral and evaluation of their child for the purposes of Special Education Services or problems upon their child's enrollment in public school. For information regarding Comsewogue's services, as well as copies of "A Parent's Guide to Special Education," please visit the Pupil Personnel Services page on our District website.

Thank you,
Tara Grippe

Phone: 631-474-8225
Fax: 631-474-3639